Tuesday 13 November 2007

#16 Week 7: Wikis

If I was a teacher I would ban the use of Wikipedia.
I did find the Commoncrafts Videos' demonstration of wikis very useful. I enjoyed watching it and it helped me to understand wikis. Maybe it's my learning style but I found it easier to watch the video demonstration to understand the process. I can see it being useful in the context as shown in the video, but as an authoritative tool I'm still not sure.

I have to agree with some of the views presented in the suggested reading and comments attached that say wikis have the potential to be nothing more than a platform for gossip, extreme negative views or derogatory comments/views against particular people or subject matters.

I still need to find even more positive examples of wikis before I'm convinced.

No comments: